Well, I finally finished the holiday pattern I was working on and got it in my shop.
In the meantime, I’ve been distracted by everything little neat project that I see! I feel like the creative bug is driving me a little nuts.
Here are just some of the things I’ve been working on from the time I started t the time I finishes this pattern:
1. I started a quilt for my Dad, which for some reason I’ve redesigned seven times since starting.
2. I took a Craftsy class on knitting toe-up socks. I should have started simpler. Flight school may have been easier. Holy cow! lol
3. I started weaving a basket out of some of the paper I needed to shred because I saw instructions in Spanish on You Tube and became obsessed. (Mind you, my Spanish is muy feo!) My first basket is a long and narrow vase like basket ‘m making to hold the paper tubes I’ll need to make more baskets. :-/
4. I made five sparkle balls for Christmas out of plastic cups and Christmas lights (also courtesy of YouTube) and bought a ridiculous amount of other outdoor decorations including a 6 foot wreath I already feel guilty about buying and so it remains in the trunk of my car. I may be afraid that once I bring it into the house, I won’t take it back. It is possible that I am channeling Clark Griswald this year.
5. I decided to tear out another wall in my quest for more sunlight my 40 year old house. Have I mentioned I already have part of my bedroom wall torn out and the subfloor exposed?
My problem is that I want to do all of these things as soon as I get the idea in my head and so I start them on a whim. Then I remember that I really should be trying to get more items in my store before Christmas and so I stop in the middle of my latest obsession and make something for the store. As soon as I finish one or two items, something else shiny catches my attention. SQUIRREL!
Cat chasing a laser spot. That’s me right now. :)
P. S. Sorry, no pictures of the quilt in progress. It’s a surprise for Dad. :)